November 2019 – June 2020
Each lesson brings a reciprocally beneficial mix of skills on the floor exercise, tumble track, and aerial silks!
Class Features of all Gym Jam Programs
- Our curriculum has been organized such that the most basic and important skills are taught first, and other skills follow in a developmentally appropriate order.
- Our instructors are highly trained and experienced, and are able to adapt any skill to meet the unique interests and abilities of each student.
- Student safety is top priority, 100% of the time.
- For students who come from low income families, we work with KidSport and JumpStart to provide financial assistance.
Noteworthy Details for this Program
- While instructions are provided in English, they can be reiterated in Arabic whenever it’s helpful.
- Our primary instructor, Amr Ahmed, is fluent in Arabic and competed in gymnastics during the 2014 Olympics!
- Students may wear loose clothing, hijab, etc. (excluding any items that are a safety concern, such as large jewelry).
- Some participants of this program are Muslim, and in consideration of them, low-energy lessons are planned during Ramadan.
Skill building promotes perseverance, work ethic, focus, and self-confidence.
Students acquire whole-body strength, endurance, and flexibility, as well as agility, balance, and coordination.
Students have the option to create a solo or small-group routine on their apparatus of choice for the year-end performance.