Reasons to enroll your child in gymnastics:
- It’s a top sport for promoting the ABCs of physical literacy- agility, balance, and coordination. The ABCs of physical literacy are required to achieve fundamental movement patterns. In other words, they foster the skills required by all other sports.
- It’s also a fantastic sport for improving muscular strength. Most sports increase strength but few work all muscle groups equally.
- It promotes flexibility and range of movement
- As a high-impact weight bearing exercise, gymnastics builds strong and healthy bones, which is particularly important for kids.
- Children who participate in gymnastics are well equipped to pursue any other sport or activity that they choose: gymnastics lessons are often sought by competitive teams in hockey, skiing, figure skating, diving, soccer, and more.
Of course, kids choose to participate in gymnastics for one reason: it’s fun! The sport is inherently for kids. As such, equipment is soft, bright, and colourful and gymnastics programs are created exclusively for children (programs may be modified for adults, not the other way around). When children learn to associate exercise with fun they are more likely to stay active for life.
Leave A Comment